Thursday, December 5, 2013

Headed South – Surf City, NC




After several days of a very pleasant visit with my sister Sharon, her husband Steve, and my mother Miriam;  we’re enroute South  toward a Saturday rendezvous with son Daniel in Charleston.

The drive today was a little less than 200 miles.  Most of the drive south from Elizabeth City was on US17 and for the most part was a very pleasant drive with little traffic – some some divided highway but mostly two lane.  We stopped for late lunch at a small rest area north of Jacksonville, NC.  We arrived at the Lanier Campground in Surf City, NC in mid-afternoon. 

For those stuck sitting in rush hour traffic I offer this video to raise your spirit:



I’m hoping for a similar drive tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suggestions/comments:
Comments will appear on the blog after I've approved them. This, unfortunately, is a necessity to prevent spammers.